This blog was formed primarily to expose what this author believes to be a false story that two of the worlds largest bearing manufacturers conspired to release as a news story in order to use it in marketing campaigns. Since that first project ended with neither company willing to release any information that could authenticate their story, we moved on to looking at all bearing counterfeiting and how it is reported.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Schaeffler Attorney Promises Answers in Mid-April


I sent the following email to Schaeffler attorney Igrid Bichelmeir-Boehn:

Subject: Franconia bearing dealer
From: stevemcguire@
Date: Mon, Feb 16, 2009 3:38 pm
To: Ingrid.Bichelmeir@

Dear Ingrid

When I wrote to you a couple of years ago regarding the counterfeit bearings confiscated from an independent rolling bearing dealer in Franconia. You told me "The criminal case isn't finished yet".

Has the criminal case been finished? Was the bearing dealer convicted of a crime?

I would like to know where I can read about it.

Steve McGuire

I received no response. About a month later I sent the following email:

Subject: Batucom
From: stevemcguire@
Date: Fri, Mar 13, 2009 11:04 am
To: "Ingrid Bichelmeir-Boehn"

Ingrid

I am attempting to authenticate the story relayed in your Product Piracy-Made in Germany brochure. Would you please confirm or deny that the company, which was raided in the brochure, was BATUCOM at Erlangen?

In a previous email you told me that if I had further questions, I should feel free to contact you. I actually thought that meant you would provide answers to those questions.

So far, you have not responded to my subsequent emails. Please do so.

Sincerely
Steve McGuire

Surprise! Surprise! I received a response (well sort of) from Ingrid:


Subject: AW: Batucom
From: Bichelmeir-Boehn, Ingrid ST/HZA-GK" bicheigr@
Date: Thu, Mar 26, 2009 8:07 am
To: stevemcguire@

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for your inquiry. Please accept my apologies for the late response. Unfortunately we need some further information from our attorney who is in charge of this case. May I ask you for some more patience. We will come back to you in the mid of April.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Ingrid Bichelmeir-Böhn

I only asked three questions: 1) Has the criminal case been finished? 2) Was the dealer found guilty? 3) Was the name of the company Batucom?

Is it really going to take until the middle of April for Ingrid (an attorney herself) to get answers to those three questions? I think not. In fact, I think the suggestion is preposterous.

Just one more evasive response in the SKF/Schaeffler Schweinfurt fake story incident.

1 comment:

  1. Steve, i am a former employee of company related to SKF and I am in a lawsuit with RBI SKF relative to the same type of claims - I would very much like to talk to you. it is my belief that SFK is after me because I refuse to support a price fixing scheme and my former co-work set up a competing business with our former enmployer - they are trying to put him out of business and punish me in my opion

    Please contact me at mafan123@hotmail.com

    thanks

    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Followers